Thread Closed 
You've Been Framed! (Contest)
07-20-2012, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2012 11:33 PM by GarageWoodworks.)
You've Been Framed! (Contest)
This is GarageWoodworks first woodworking contest. Woodpeckers provided me with their 12" Precision Woodworking T Square. It looks like a really cool tool and is an $80 value! I'm going to give it away to the winner of the 'You've Been Framed' contest.

Here's how it's going to work:
  • Make a cool picture frame and enter it. That's it!
  • One entry per person.
  • One picture per entry.
  • Entry deadline is Aug 17 at 1:00pm EST
  • Voting will start soon after the deadline (within an hour or two).
  • One vote allowed per person.
  • Voting ends Aug 24 at 1:00pm EST.

You must click on "Reply" to this post or "New Reply" at the bottom in order to leave an attachment (picture).

Quick Reply will not let you leave an attachment!

Judging will be poll based. That's right! Your woodworking peers will be casting their votes on your frame.

The voting will be open to everyone, but you must be a registered GarageWoodworks Forum member in order to enter. Registration is FREE.

Snap a picture of your frame a and provide a short description (SHORT!). Provide your entry as a reply to this thread.

[Image: _MG_7227.png]

Woodpeckers Video Demo:

Good luck!

Brian
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Big Grin RE: You've Been Framed! (Contest)
Hi, Mr. Grella, my name is Matthew and I would like to enter my frame. I made a video with help from my dad. the frame is made with tiger maple and red oak. this is the link http://youtu.be/FMNSfWU9tEA

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Matthew Agate.
Find all posts by this user
07-20-2012, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2012 04:54 PM by GarageWoodworks.)
RE: You've Been Framed! (Contest)
(07-20-2012 04:52 PM)Matthew Agate Wrote:  Hi, Mr. Grella, my name is Matthew and I would like to enter my frame. I made a video with help from my dad. the frame is made with tiger maple and red oak. this is the link http://youtu.be/FMNSfWU9tEA

Thanks for your entry Matthew! Good luck!

Brian
07-21-2012, 01:06 AM
(07-20-2012 04:54 PM)GarageWoodworks Wrote:  
(07-20-2012 04:52 PM)Matthew Agate Wrote:  Hi, Mr. Grella, my name is Matthew and I would like to enter my frame. I made a video with help from my dad. the frame is made with tiger maple and red oak. this is the link http://youtu.be/FMNSfWU9tEA

Thanks for your entry Matthew! Good luck!

Nice frame!

Tom.
07-21-2012, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2012 04:06 AM by Bobmedic.)
This picture frame I made for my brother in law. He is a huge Detroit Tigers fan. My wife bought him a poster of a front page headline from the Detroit Free Press of the 1984 World Series when the Tigers won. I used curly maple and dyed the wood ebony first then sanded it back until the black was only in the curl then I dyed it orange. It has about 4 coats of spray lacquer and lightly rubbed out.

Bobmedic.
07-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Nice job! Thanks for your entry.
07-21-2012, 05:12 PM
hi my name is jesse aka thinhamajigs and I would like to enter my frame a walnut frame

thingamajigs.
07-21-2012, 05:18 PM
(07-21-2012 05:12 PM)thingamajigs Wrote:  hi my name is jesse aka thinhamajigs and I would like to enter my frame a walnut frame

Thanks for your entry!

Brian
07-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Hey Brian. First I want to post this frame that I made for my inlaws in Dec., 2011. This is the whole family. It is Walnut with Oak inlay as a border, and also Oak splines on the miters.
Can you post more than 1 entry? Thnx in advance

Roger
07-21-2012, 09:06 PM
(07-21-2012 08:58 PM)Kentuk55 Wrote:  Hey Brian. First I want to post this frame that I made for my inlaws in Dec., 2011. This is the whole family. It is Walnut with Oak inlay as a border, and also Oak splines on the miters.
Can you post more than 1 entry? Thnx in advance

Sorry, but unfortunately I am limiting the contest to one entry per person. That is an awesome frame that you posted!

Brian
Thread Closed