Bridle Joinery Finished

I completed the bridle joinery for the frame of my breakfast tray.  I recently finished the female portion of the joint and I had to next work on the male portion.  I did this by first cutting the cheeks at the table saw using my DIY tenoning jig.  I finished the joint off by cutting the shoulders at the table saw using a stop block clamped to my fence.  The stop block guarantees that every shoulder will be cut at the same location.

The joinery is meant to have a Greene and Greene flavor and to that end they are proud by approximately 1/8″.

Next up, I need to cut a groove around the inside perimeter of the frame and make a panel to go in it.  Gaining on it.

bridlec1 bridlec2
complete1

Tags:

Leave a Reply