Sewing Box Progress

Over the weekend, I made a respectable amount of progress on my wife’s sewing box.  I made the lid panel from a leftover piece of curly maple which was re-sawn and glued together in a book-match.  I pre-finished the panel before gluing together the lid frame; this will make finishing easier later.

I still need to finish the thread spool supports which will be inserted into their respective grooves inside the lid.  I will also be making a tray to go inside the box which will be removable.

So far I’m pretty pleased with my progress.  Almost there.

 

box002_a

Tags:

Leave a Reply